I am on a roll with baking.
After barely touching the oven for more than a year (hey, my excuse is that I had a child who refuses to stop nursing), and have become compelled to start baking. Easy stuff: quick snacks that take 15 minutes to make from start to finish are the extent of my inspiration. I'm even too lazy to use a recipe; I just whip together the flours, natural sweeteners and ingredients added for flavor (like apples or chocolate chips), throw the batter in the oven and hope for the best.
This week's experiment is perhaps the best yet: super moist apple cupcakes that contain no processed cane sugar with a high glycemic index (I used agave instead) or butter (canola oil is a great substitute), which is high in polysaturated fat. I'm calling them Even-your-husband-will-love Apple Cupcakes since Mr. Hubbie gobbled them up.
Even-your-husband-will-love Apple Cupcakes
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/3 cup agave
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp vinegar
Mix wet into dry ingredients. Place batter in cupcake holders in a muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Eat quickly!
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment