Thursday, April 9, 2009

the pregnancy food dilemma

Two days ago I announced the publication of my new book The Green Pregnancy Diet. I will be the first to tell you that it's not about "dieting" all all - it discusses eating non-toxic food as a way a life, even thinking if you will. In the introduction I talk about how starving I was the first trimester of my pregnancy with my toddler son. The truth is, I inhaled food like air and gained quickly. Now, I'm pregnant with my second and FINALLY done with the first trimester. The hunger thing is taming down, thank gawd. But I still need protein protein protein, esp as a vegetarian who doesn't eat eggs. Dairy has been a lifesaver (vegans, how do you do it???). Cheese, cottage cheese... bring it on!

To come in my new blog...some great tips for naturally sugar-free foods and ideas for recipes that are healthy but SATISFYING!

BTW, here's some press on the book!

http://www.pr.com/press-release/144072
http://www.prlog.org/10213148-book-for-pregnant-women-promotes-nontoxic-ecofriendly-diet.html

No comments:

Post a Comment